Step into Her Best Foot Forward, and help to empower girls and women by:
- Hosting a Foot Forward Fest
- Joining our network of volunteers to help tell our story and share our beautiful sandals
- Inviting us to your next meeting to add a global message and goodwill for your participants. We can bring a guest speaker, a captivating display that tells our story, materials to distribute - even shoes to sell!
- Becoming one of our benefiting charities (if you represent a non-profit organization which empowers women and girls, ask us how!). We can also create a custom sandal design to benefit your cause
- Becoming one of our retail partners which provides a range of programs and benefits
W E B E L I E V E
IN PROVIDING OPPORTUNITY.
Employment with a fair wage allows our artisans to better provide for themselves and their families.
Through the creative process, our women artisans also experience an increase in self-esteem which bolsters their confidence and leadership in other aspects of their lives.
IN THE POWER OF EDUCATION.
This Swahili proverb - Elimu ni mali ambayo adui hawezi kuiteka articulates what we believe - Education is a possession that no enemy can take. Helping our artisans gain access to education increases the likelihood that they will educate their children (and that their children will follow suit).
IN COLLABORATION AND UNDERSTANDING.
Our designs are Tanzanian -inspired but also embody the global values and vision of those who invest in a pair of Her Best Foot Forward sandals and the artisans who make them.
IN HONORING TRADITIONS.
The rich cultural heritage of the Maasai people - in particular the intricate and creative beading which is their hallmark - is celebrated in every item we offer at Her Best Foot Forward.